The DC Domestic Violence Court Watch Project is excited to publish our 2012 Report! This report contains data, analysis and recommendations from Civil Protection Order (CPO) hearings heard at the DC Superior Court from February 2012 through January 2013. Readers will find data, analysis and recommendations distilled into three sections: demographic information, judicial behavior, and recommendations.
Key findings discussed in the report:
- Who was filing for protection orders in 2012?
- How did Judges treat survivors?
- What barriers to safety did survivors experience when filing?
- What was the impact of having an attorney on CPO outcomes?
- What steps need to be taken for the CPO system to be more accessible and effective for survivors?
- And more!
Click here to view the report: 2012CourtWatchReport